Friday, February 5, 2010

Lusciously green

Every year when Valentine's day approaches I fall in love with green all over again.

Not that I have anything against red and pink, it's just that green is so lush and refreshing, so full of promise it makes a girl want to run her fingers over leaves and mosses more irresistible than a four year old boy with his first crew cut.


Nowhere is the green more drop-dead-gorgeous than here in the Pacific Northwest, where our rural valleys spring to life with mosses of all sorts.

 
Just down the road along the lane that holds barns and horses, right near the place where the black bunny has his secret nest, there's a fence with a gorgeous crop of moss on its back.
The hardware store is selling giant containers of MossOut, and I am so glad that nobody has thought to sprinkle it on my favorite old fence. And shhhhhh! Don't mention it to my husband but I've been nurturing a gorgeous little crop of Irish moss on the cement table in the gazebo. Not everyone loves a mossy picnic as much as I do!

 

I am in love with all things green. Of all the glorious colors in the rainbow, no wonder green is my all time favorite. What's yours?