Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ta-dah!


I took the plunge.

After longing for a "good" camera for ages, I succumbed and came home with a big box and a brand new Nikon. 


The learning curve has just begun now that I've had a couple days to read the manual.

So Mr. Wonderful and I hopped on our bikes, pedaled down the river a bit and settled in beside a blackberry thicket. He munched while I experimented with the camera.


I have a lot to learn but this first try tells me the lessons will be rewarding ones. 


Even the shots I messed up were pleasurable. 

I've been working on some bees and blooms, and the reference shots you see here will be of great help even though they don't look as well as I wish they did.


There will be time to learn and grow into this new camera. 


Next month I'll share with you my adventures in Italy, Turkey and the Greek Isles as I work my way through Europe on another cruise ship. 

For now it's peeks through my lens at the beauties of my own backyard.


Summer blessings surround us, and I send you the friendliest of smiles.

I would love to hear from you, to know what is warming your heart in the thick of summer.