Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Holed up in my little nest...

I've been closeted for a while now, secluded in my little nest of a studio, working on images with a very different look, broadening my visual horizons.


I've spent hours splashing in the paint pots and little tubs of ink.

I love the tiny plastic pots that hold only 1/4 teaspoon of ink, which I seem to dilute with more and more water these days.

All of which is leading up to a new look to be shown in New York in May. 
I admit I've been going a little overboard with the bright colors and calligraphy in every hue.

But it's great fun.

What do you think?

6 comments:

Sharon Hermens said...

Sharyn, I love what you have been doing! I've missed you. I kept checking your blog and thought...hmmm-maybe she is in England or some other far away place. Then, I couldn't wait to see the pictures. Oh, well some other time. Still, I'm happy with what I see and I'm glad you were having a good time!

Jeri Landers said...

I like it! Especially the one with the birds and the blues.
I have never done the Licensing Shows, although I have licensed my art for puzzles and fabric in the past. We are thinking of doing Atlanta next year. Much success to you in New York!

Debbie said...

I love it, Sharyn. I esp. love the chicadees, but they are all fantastic. I missed you and am glad everything is ok, and it was enjoyable work keeping you away. I knew it probably wasn't great weather ; - ) Though my husband is heading to Seattle next week for business. Good luck with the show in May, I'm sure they will love this though.

Christen said...

These are like portraits of the seasons to me. The first honey imagination is mid spring to me, the second chickadee is late winter and the last vibrant orange/pink belongs to September. This is just what I see. Ahh, beauty, beauty, my friend.

sue zipkin said...

EXTRA YUMMY!!!!!!

I am in love with your fresh new look! These are so yummy I could eat them up!!!!

Its going to be a BIG HIT!! I have been playing with similar colors (must be in the air)...Great work my dear!! It will be fun to see you soon!

Caroline Simas said...

Bright and cheery.....love them!
xoxo
Caroline